10 Things that Give Us a Headache (Vote to Win Prizes!)
A few weeks ago, the folks at Excedrin® Extra Strength reached out to me to let me know about a contest they are running. I did a double take when I saw their email: my own life had become so crazy (and headache-laden) that I almost felt like it was a sign.
Excedrin wants to know: who has the biggest headache?
My guess is some of us live lives that would qualify instantly. For example: new Moms, mega commuters, people who have awful bosses, those whose sidehustles & day jobs combined lead to working every waking minute…
Excedrin has created funny videos of headache inducing scenarios and wants your vote on who has the biggest headache. Check them out at Facebook.com/Excedrin then cast your vote. Excedrin Facebook fans will be entered to win weekly prizes through May 14th with the grand prize of a trip for two to JAMAICA! (umm… yes please!) The winner will be announced at the beginning of June.
In the meantime…we also have a little giveaway we’d like to share with people who comment on this post!
- Read the headache inducing scenarios our Editorial Assistant Molly Marotta and I put together below.
- Then leave us a comment (which includes your email address!) and share the scenario that you can most relate to.
- We will randomly select one winner on Monday May 6 who will receive a “stress kit”complete with a yoga mat, anti-stress microwaveable neck pillow and a foam roller for the day when you need a massage (but can’t afford one!).
1. Not getting enough sleep because we are always working or studying
Need we say more?
2. Being victim to other peoples last minute requests at work that aren’t even part of your job description
This video does a great job of illustrating what a lot of career newbies feel on a regular basis.
3. Ignorant social media posts
Unfortunately we have several examples of this one…the most irritating to us was the way Epicurious tweeted after the Boston Marathon.
Other runners up for most headache-inducing social media activity:
- “Evan Rachel Wood admits pregnancy “isn’t easy” (that’s weird, because I was told it was A WALK IN THE PARK. A WALK IN A PARK THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO HAVE FREE COFFEE, AN OPEN BAR, AND UNLIMITED SUSHI)
- This is a thing: “#AFollowerThatIWannaFight” (Not only does this take up most of your tweet, but really? it’s fightin’ time? lemme grab the other peasants of the village and utilize the only thing we have for entertainment….BECAUSE THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE TO DO…oh wait)
- “I do not accept Reese Witherspoon’s apology.” (WHO EVEN ARE YOU?)
4. Putting in laundry or dishes then forgetting about the soap
Or, forgetting to press start. A small detail of life that just leaves you ANNOYED…
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stop mocking me Elroy! We get it, you know how to use soap.
5. Pets that ruin your hard-earned belongings!
When my dog Giada was a puppy, she loved to eat things that weren’t mean to be eaten Like my bed sheets, my cash, my clip on hair extensions (don’t hate- I wore them to cover up a depressing haircut-gone-wrong) and the foam in my pillow (this one made for a good laugh when she pooped it out though! Karma’s a bitch, Giada!). We love our pets, but this type of behavior is ANNOYING and expensive.
Not cool dog. Not cool.
5. Too much (or not enough) caffeine
Can you imagine speaking to this crazed lunatic?? Not to mention it appears as though his skull is MADE OF A COFFEE CUP. WHO ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN?
6. Mondays where “Murphy’s Law” applies to your every moment
Again, need we say more. I think we’ve all had a day like this guy’s.
7. Guests that never leave
This is so awkward and your best friends are never the perpetrators. It’s always the people you invited out of guilt or some random connection and then they want to stay forever.
8. Old trends that are coming back that really shouldn’t
The other day someone told me about a 90’s theme party a college sorority was throwing. I was like, umm really? What does that even MEAN?!
As a resident of Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood, I see way too much 80’s and 90’s worshiping going on. In fact, sometimes I wonder if they spent hours getting ready, just to look soooo old school.
You nailed it, beautiful. No, no, stop it! Your lace sleeves look WAY better than mine, and that collar? Bridal perfection. WHO INVENTED THESE?
9. This music video
Wait. Actually, this video is HILARIOUS and it makes me want to do a post of other videos just like it. Music videos have come a long way…
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this song. An unhealthy amount. But the amount of times I realize that this was an 80’s band’s VISION for the MOST FITTING MUSIC VIDEO FOR THIS SONG. MEN WITHOUT HATS THINKS THIS VIDEO MATCHES THEIR SONG. I think my head just exploded.
10. Being a New Parent
While Molly and I have NO experience with this one, we sympathize for those of you who are in the new parent phase. This video made us laugh out loud and say a little prayer for those of you who spend sleepless nights getting up with your little one, then having a full day the next day.
Now it’s time for you to leave us a comment (and your email address!) for the chance to win a free stress kit provided by Excedrin! The winner will be selected randomly, then announce on Monday May 6th via a comment!
Note: I am an Excedrin® Extra Strength brand ambassador. I’ve been compensated for my work and all opinions are my own.