The 90 second video below by she-conomy.com shows that female consumers make a majority of purchasing decisions in comparison to men.
- 70% of new businesses are started by women
- 85% of all brand purchases are made by women
- 91% of new homes
- 80% of health care
- 93% food
- 65% new cars
- 93% over-the-counter meds
- Yet 91% of women feel advertisers don’t understand them…
- Perhaps this is because only 3% of creative directors are women.
Although I knew females were powerful consumers, this video shows just HOW powerful we are. Pretty incredible isn’t it? After watching this video I thought to myself, “what DON’T we women do?” If women are making 80%+ of buying decisions, where are all the guys? And, WHY are there not more female creative directors?!
How are marketers using these statistics on women to shape their advertising campaigns? Are they doing a good job? How could they improve?