Make Your Wedding Day Extra Special by Choosing the Right Pearl Necklace
Since time immemorial, pearls have remained favorite among the brides. Are you too planning to look glamorous by wearing pearl jewelry on that Big Day? If you have shopped for a strapless or a V-neck bridal costume, wear a pearl necklace to compliment your look.
But, be cautious while selecting your necklace. Considering the neckline type is significant to do the shopping rightly. Some tips are shared below that are sure to help. Read on to know.
- Short Pendant: Keep it in mind that the length of your necklace should be somewhere between 40-45 cm and should have a short pendant. However, these types of pearls necklaces go well with a sweetheart-neck lined bridal gown. Here, a large portion of your skin will be exposed. So, keep yourself away from long chains. A white colored pendant will make you look modern.
- Pearl Choker: Love simplicity? Then, pearl chokers are best to wear with strapless bridal costumes. Actually, you can wear almost all kinds of pearl necklaces with strapless gowns as they themselves are the most fashionable ones available. In place of choker pearls, you can also opt for heavy necklace.
- 32-inch Single Strand: If you are not sure about the necklace type, go for 32-inch single strand without worries. Irrespective of the neckline of your bridal dress, it goes well because of its high adaptively. Another great thing about these necklaces are you can make it double stranded whenever you wish just by turning it.
- Simple Necklace: Many a time, the bridal dresses have a lot of pleating and fabric flowers on their bodies. If the body of your bridal dress is also overworked carrying many ruffles, then simple pearl necklace will enhance your overall appearance. In such a case, avoid fussy or heavy necklaces.
- Lariat Necklace: Are you bored of wearing the traditional accessories? Lariat necklaces made of pearls can give you a modern look if you wear it with strapless or boat neck bridal dresses. Now, it is very trendy and you can be sure that very few of your guests will wear this type of necklace, as it is unique.
Akoya and South Sea Pearls
Color of your gown matters a lot while selecting the pearls. If the color of your wedding dress is ivory or cream, then start browsing for freshwater pearls. On the other hand, compliment your white gown by investing in Akoya pearls.
South Sea Pearls of golden colors are for cream and ivory colored wedding gowns.
It’s not only the neckline of your gown that matters, but also your body type plays an important role here. If you’re petite, small necklace will do it all. Contradictorily, moderate-shaped women look gorgeous when they wear necklaces of lengths 7.5mm.
To sum up, we can say that as you, being the bride, will be the star of the event, you have to pick the accessories carefully. Take your time in doing that. Wear a necklace that will reflect your personality well. At the same time, it should go with the theme of the event.