Christmas Gifting for Co-workers
Christmas gifting is something we share with our loved ones, friends and neighbors. Although friendships can develop in a work environment, work colleague gifting is not something which is expected.
But if there is someone special at work whom you would like to buy something for this year to show them your thanks or appreciation, or your colleagues are planning a Secret Santa and you’re not sure about what presents are appropriate, remember to think about the right gifting etiquette.
Read on for some great ideas for office Christmas gifting.
Gifts for Him
- Specialty beers – alcohol is a safe occasion gifting idea which is always widely appreciated. But instead of the usual bottle of expensive wine, try an alcoholic present with a difference, such as specialty beers or flavored liqueurs. Be sure to find out whether your colleague drinks as an alcoholic gift to someone who doesn’t drink could potentially be quite offensive if it’s for religious or cultural reasons.
- DVDs and boxsets – this is a great way to show a work colleague that you like to share similar interests. It’s an exciting yet grounded gift so you won’t be overstepping familiarity.
- Computer gadgets – men love gadgets and Secret Santa is the perfect opportunity to gift someone in the office with a fun yet practical gift. A USB mug warmer is ideal for the man who can’t function without his daily coffee, a novelty flash drive is perfect for the IT guy who’s young at heart, and a USB desk fan could be the much needed relief for the guy who always complains about the heating being on too high.
- Smartphone accessories – if you’re looking for a practical gift for a no-nonsense colleague, smartphone gifts such as phone covers, phone speakers, portable chargers or phone stands could be the perfect idea.
Gifts for Her
- Luxury tea and coffee selections – one thing we share with our colleagues on a daily basis is our daily morning cup of coffee or tea rounds and perhaps a slice of cake in the afternoon. So luxury teas and coffees make great gifts for all.
- Chocolate pizzas and novelty candy – chocolate is the go-to gift for women but we have to admit, it’s very predictable. Liven up your gift choice with something fun such as chocolate pizza or some novelty candy goodies.
- Home-made jelly or fruit conserve – making your own Christmas jelly or fruit conserve is extremely common during the holidays and it’s a very humble way of showing your appreciation to a good co-worker.
- Tablet or netbook sleeves – dressing our modern day devices has quickly become something of a fashion statement in recent years. If you have a style conscious work colleague who uses a tablet, netbook or laptop at work, surprise her with a luxury sleeve or bag.
- Hand selected hampers – hampers and baskets are brilliant gifts for food lovers or homemakers but make it personal by creating your own. Buy a basket or a hamper and fill it with everything that your friend or colleague likes for that extra special touch.
For some more Christmas gift inspiration for office co-workers, check out this post by Mashable.com.