Perfect Rental Home Locations For Young Professionals
When choosing a property to rent, location is clearly a major consideration. The old slogan ‘location, location, location’ in influencing a property’s appeal can’t be over estimated. Young professionals have their own specific needs, and choice will be dictated by whether a property can meet all or most of these.
Proximity to work and amenities
For many busy professionals, time taken on traveling to and from work is often a factor. Some may not want to be ‘on top of’ their work location. Or, there may simply not be suitable properties close to a major commercial center for example. On the other hand, many young professionals would consider close, or at least relatively close, proximity to their workplace a key benefit. For the frequent traveler, a fully furnished rental might be an easy way to have a home away from home.
Getting a feel for locations, types of properties and rental costs is obviously important. It can be easily conducted by region or city using online resources such as ForRent.
The cost and access to local amenities such as shops, gyms and transport is a key factor.
Where a young professional lives might be wholly influenced by work. But if location is flexible then other parts of the country might be considered. For example, Chicago is a well placed city to access east and west locations being two hours by air from New York and four from California.
Going hand in hand with the above, ease of travel is key both in terms of commuting to and from work and accessing amenities. The following could hold the key to a good location:
- Is there a train station or subway nearby?
- What are road links like?
- If owning a car, is there somewhere safe and convenient to park such as a garage?
- Is it possible to walk to work?
- Are amenities within walking distance?
- If there are children, is the school easy to get to or is transportation laid on?
Proximity to an airport could be a factor if regular flying is undertaken for business.
A major consideration is online access. It could be vital for young professionals using their Internet connection in some or all of their work.
A reliable connection with a decent speed could even rank higher than ease of parking and the proximity of local amenities. Being online is now such a part of life for many the considerations of online access put it very high on the priority list.
What amenities are required and how close are they? Busy professionals would likely want to minimize the time and expense taken by traveling, so what may be required?
- Shops – close proximity to grocery stores to do the regular shop
- Medical – is there a doctor’s surgery or medical center nearby?
- Gym – if regular working out facilities are required, is there somewhere nearby?
- Schools – is there a good one nearby?
- Entertainment – are favorite forms of entertainment nearby such as cinemas, theaters and sports venues such as baseball stadia.
- Restaurants – is there a good choice nearby?
- Relaxation – any beaches nearby or golf courses for those who play?
Young professionals are probably not at the stage where their dream country ranch is either practical or possible. They need to find the right place to suit their circumstances. As such, the above factors are crucial to consider.
Images: For Rent Park Van Ness