17 Mood-Boosters to get You Through the Work Day!
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Having a hard time getting through the day? Check out what these folks do to get happy while on the job:
- @BLKMGK01: My “tired but happy” trick works wonders for giving me extra energy. That, and awesome people on Twitter!”
- Keri D.: A bit of meditation and self-talk before starting the day helps me to see the glass “half full.”
- @ChicagoSinger: Taking a walk helps.
- @Sparks Fam: I don’t get music at work so I sing in my head and that’s always a mood booster cause I’m in charge of the playlist!
- @RachelEsterline: I listen to music on Pandora. If there are cookies leftover from meetings, I take one of those too.
- @Pizzazzerie Diet mountain dew, reading encouraging quotes, and chatting with my favorite coworkers get me through the 8 to 5.
- Lauren N.: I take short Twitter breaks to read an inspiring or mentally-stimulating blog post or even just to check in with friends! Mini-opportunities to learn and network, if you will. 🙂
- @tmcantwell Music and a kind word or joke.
- Kristen C.: A few minutes of meditation and a little office yoga stretches definitely helps get some positive energy going. 🙂
- Megan Cassidy: A really good apple or other healthy snack.
- Aimee G.: I try to never eat my lunch at my desk. I take my lunch break outside in the sun and read a magazine or a book.
- @MsCareerGirl: Chocolate! A chocolate chip cookie from Starbucks and a mocha is becoming my afternoon ritual. A waste of calories and money, but SO enjoyable!
- @Robpitingolo strong coffee.
@SJOgborn definitely MUSIC! any kind!
@jill_pr I keep an email file of kudos I’ve received and look back over them when I feel defeated.
What do YOU do to get through a tough day at the office?