5 Ways to Avoid Your Resume Getting Trashed
Thanks for sending in all of your resumes over the past week in preparation for Job Search Boot Camp! I’ve loved looking at them. After reviewing all the resumes, I wanted to share 5 big picture ways to avoid your resume getting thrown in the trash.
These are just the first step of having a polished rock star status resume. Without these, you won’t make it far.
5 Very Basic Things You Need to do with your resume
- Make it pretty.
- Put your references on a second page by themselves.
- Finish your sentences. Tell me more. Show quantifiable value that you added.
- Keep it to 1 page!
- Cut cheesy interests and bullshit about crappy jobs.
- Most Likely to Call for an Interview: Jen Deweerd from Ontario, Canada
- Overall favorite resume: Katie Garton, Syracuse, New York