Short-Term Car Insurance Policies Explained
You might not know it, but car insurance policies come in many shapes, sizes and time periods. You have your traditional long-term insurance, which is usually renewed annually and provides cover for a year. And then you have short-term insurance, which you can take out for time periods of as low as just one day. We’re going to look at this second type of insurance and explain the ins and outs of it, giving you the chance to see if it is right for you.
What is Short-Term Insurance?
As mentioned above, short-term auto insurance from a provider like Dayinsure gives you the chance to insurance a vehicle for as little as 24 hours. This gives you real flexibility, especially if you don’t own a car you will be driving or you need to lend your car to someone else. It is also perfect for:
- Business trips which aren’t covered by your usual policy,
- Temporarily adding an extra driver for a long journey,
- Emergencies, when you absolutely have to use someone else’s car,
- Times when the usual policyholder for a vehicle is unable to drive,
- When your own car breaks down and you need to temporarily use another.
In fact, there are many reasons why you might need short-term insurance. It could even be a way to save your company money, because it can in some cases remove the need for you to take out annual insurance – which can be expensive if you do not need it.
What Are the Benefits of Short-Term Insurance?
Just as there are many reasons for choosing short-term insurance, so too are there plenty of ways in which it could benefit you. Some of them are:
- The ability to quickly add an additional driver to a vehicle, which can come in really handy during emergencies,
- The flexibility to choose any vehicle to be insured and to change to a different vehicle if needs be,
- The ease of choosing the exact dates when a driver will be insured for a vehicle,
- The simplicity of adding an insured driver without adjusting an existing insurance policy,
- The peace of mind of knowing that the no-claims bonus on a long-term policy will be unaffected by a temporary additional driver.
As you can see, these are solid business reasons for choosing short-term car insurance. But of course, this type of cover isn’t for everyone and, of course, could end up becoming costly in the long run. The important thing to learn from this article is that short-term insurance does exist and it could be just the thing to solve temporary problems.