What’s New at Ms. Career Girl?!
I hope you’re all enjoying the new & improved look of MsCareerGirl.com! This nip/tuck has been a long time coming.
A huge thanks to my good friend Matt Cheuvront and his firm Proof Branding for doing a great job on the site and the revamped logo.
Ironically I met Matt on Twitter after he responded to my frustrated tweet about needing help with my WordPress site. Our inital meeting was one I’ll never forget (I felt I was pretty darn cool, he felt I needed some serious focus). I knew Matt would go on his own to do great things as an entrepreneur way before he did. Like me, Matt got laid off which is what prompted him to start his own business. Kudos to Matt for rocking out at what he does and a big thank you for being right there for me as a cheerleader literally within hours of my lay off. Funny to say that a lifetime friendship started on Twitter. I’m pretty sure that classifies me as a mega geek, no?
Here’s the Latest on Ms. Career Girl
Join me on #AnnieSez chat tonight at 9pm EST on Twitter. I love #AnnieSez chat and encourage you to jump in if you want to have a ton of fun, win great prizes and build your Twitter following. For me, Twitter chats are one of the best ways to build an authentic and strong Twitter following and personal brand! As always, I recommend you follow the chat using TweetChat.com.
Get excited because lots of free stuff is coming your way in honor of the launch of “Small Biz Setup Camp” and the “Ladies Launch Pad” incubator! If you haven’t signed up to get updates yet, you won’t want to miss out. Enter your email address here or in the upper right hand corner of this page. Learn how to start turning your passion into cash and get the chance to win free admission to one of our workshops.
Attend the 2nd Ms. Career Connect event on Thursday September 22nd at 6pm in Chicago! Meet new girlfriends while enjoying complimentary champagne, cupcakes and appetizers. We’ll also be featuring a panel discussion with 4 personal finance experts, doing an organized “Offer & Needs exchage” and giving away raffle prizes & gift bags full of goodies.
- Want to attend MCG Connect for free? If you’re a blogger or journalist, email [email protected] to be put on our comped guest list! We’re also happy to give away a few tickets for your blog readers or do a guest post for you!
- Want to earn money promoting MCG Connect? Join our affiliate program here and earn $5 per ticket sale you refer.
PS- We are still accepting catering, raffle prize & gift bag donations! Partnering with us is a great way to get exposed to lots of women online and off. We’re offering our donors the following:
- Your business name with link on both mscareergirl.com/events and mcgconnect.eventbrite.com until 9/23/11
- Mention with permanent link in dedicated blog post
- Placement on our Facebook fan page profile until 9/23/11
- Listing in our printed program for attendees