An In-Depth Guide To Engaging Your Target Customers
Engaging with customers is one of the most challenging issues many marketers face today. Why? Because it accentuates the ultimate reason why they market: to foster strong relationships with target customers to encourage them to choose you over others, take advantage of your products, and influence other people to try your brand.
To acquire new leads, convert them, and make them loyal to your brand, you need to engage and interact with them. This will help you build bridges between you and them in an appropriate, meaningful, and productive manner.
On top of that, creating catchy slogans and ads with celebrities or influencers is not enough to achieve your goals. Thanks to today’s technology, you always have to be on guard and prepared to take any chances that’ll help you engage with your target customers anytime, anywhere.
Now that looks like a challenge, but don’t be frightened and lose hope. There are many techniques and strategies out there that’ll help you boost your engagement with your customers, and they shouldn’t be complicated. Instead, they should give them a reason to engage.
Below are some of the most effective tactics to efficiently, productively, and appropriately engaging your target customers.
Incorporating Voicemails Into Your Strategy
Voicemails are prerecorded, personalized, and targeted voice messages that help you engage with your target customers. In addition, it’s one of the most cost-effective yet powerful marketing tactics to grab the attention of your leads. In fact, you can send hundreds of voicemails and garner positive interactions in minutes for just a few cents.
However, it’s no secret that leaving a great sales voicemail can be extremely challenging. And even if you create a good message, do you think they’ll listen to it and call you back henceforth? Probably not until you create a planned and strategic voicemail.
With that said, here are some tips that will help you use voicemails effectively:
- Find A Reliable Service Provider: When choosing one, consider the price of the plan you need and the features included. Ensure they have a built-in SMS tool, ringless feature, personalized plan, etc. So, check out your local Ringless Voicemail provider and determine if they have services that suit your needs.
- Keep It Short: Try to keep your voicemail around 20 to 30 seconds long. If it’s too long, people will surely delete it. On the other hand, it won’t look like informational content if it’s too short, and they’d probably delete it.
- Start With A Relevant Idea: Start the voicemail with a thought-provoking question relevant to their concern to grab their attention. Avoid a straightforward approach that makes your voice message very sales-like, which leads wouldn’t want to engage with.
- No Traditional Goodbyes: Avoid saying ‘please call me back if you change your mind’ and other generic closing remarks that don’t ignite a responsibility. Instead, drop a last intriguing and relevant question and end your voice message here.
- Split It Into Two: For a 30-second voicemail, use the first 20 seconds for your main message and the last ten seconds for your note. According to HubSpot, this will help you become more memorable and look natural as if you’re not using a script.
Provide A Positive Customer Experience
Customer experience is a crucial element when engaging with your target customers. Even if you have unique products and amazing content, you’ll probably lose your leads if you can’t provide a remarkable and relevant service.
Of course, it makes a lot of sense because who will try to support a business that wasn’t able to make them feel welcomed and important? Probably none, not even a single one.
So, the question is, how will you be able to provide a great and relevant customer experience that’ll keep your target market engaged? To answer that, here are some tips and tricks that’ll help you do it effectively:
- Maintain A Good Attitude: Attitude is an important part of customer experience. After all, no customer would engage with a business that is not pleasing to interact with. To keep your attitude positive, you may use emojis and good but relevant humor.
- Solve Problems Creatively: Solve customer problems in a creative way that goes beyond their expectations. In this way, you’ll be able to provide an exemplified service and win your customer forever.
- Respond Immediately: Speed is essential when providing a great customer experience. You have to beat the clock every time a customer asks for help. By doing so, you’ll be able to show them how you value each of your customers.
- Personalized: Make every customer feel special when you interact with them. Deliver messages tailored to their needs. This will make them feel that they’re engaging with a human and not with a company. You may start by calling them by their first name.
Make Your Brand Meaningful
Customer engagement is not all about positive and relevant customer experience, though most of it is. It also refers to creating a brand voice that your target market will love to hear and probably engage with.
In this case, brand awareness comes to light. Before your customers engage with your business, they have to be aware of your brand’s existence, including anything unique it offers. Your brand should showcase a sense of uniqueness that creates meaning and connection with your customers.
Here are some tips to make your brand meaningful to your target customers:
- Make Sure The World Sees You: On your platform, reserve a space to discuss your brand and how it works according to your values. Also, ensure that your brand appeals to customers’ emotions and it should resonate with them.
- Maintain Regular Communication: Communicate not only by messages but also by posting content regularly. In this way, you allow your customers to know how you’re doing and how you exemplify your brand.
- Encourage People To Be Unique: Being unique and authentic is great. However, many people are not comfortable expressing it. Encourage them to express their different side by showing them what they need to know and letting them figure out how.
- Embrace Consistency: Creating a brand that people recognize may take a long time. And you’ll probably confuse everyone if you change it regularly. Instead, be consistent with your brand and gradually apply changes without confusing your customers.
Establish Push Notifications
Sometimes, the best way to engage with your target customers is to remind them about the things you can provide them with. And one of the most effective tricks that will help you remind your customer is using push notifications.
A push notification is a short pop-up message that you can see on your mobile device or desktop outside your browser. It is primarily used to notify customers about special events, such as news, flash sales, big monthly discounts, holiday sales, etc.
To receive these messages, your customer must subscribe to your app or website. Once they do, they’ll be able to receive anything you send, from app maintenance to special offers. But the challenge is how to create an engaging push notification for your target customers?
To answer that, here are some tips that may help produce an engaging and interactive push notification:
- Ask For Permission: Show your customers that you respect their privacy. Instead of directly sending notifs, ask their permission if they want to receive them or not. In this way, you’ll help them trust you even more.
- Create A Strategy: Unplanned campaigns are not worth your energy. So, take all the time in the world and plan your push notification campaign strategically. And don’t forget to identify user behavior, type of push triggers, your goals, and user preferences.
- Know The Right Time: Timing is of the essence when sending push notifications. In general, the afternoon would be the best time to send notifications, but time will still vary depending on your goals and your customers. To know the right time for sending one, check out the habits of your target customers.
- Perform A/B Testing: A/B testing is a process that’ll allow you to determine which ideas will work. It’s necessary to ensure ongoing success and avoid wasting your time on nothing. It helps you do trial-and-error and formulate strategies that ensure success.
- Determine Frequency: Sending push notifications is a good idea, but delivering multiple messages a day may frustrate your customers and eventually leave you. For beginners, stick to five push notifications per week or one per day. Still, it’d be best to see how your customers react to them for necessary improvements.
Use Conversational Marketing Tools
In this digital age, customers’ expectations continue to evolve alongside digital marketing. They expect to connect with businesses that suit their needs anytime, anywhere. For example, a customer would want to purchase an item around midnight, but no one is available to process their request.
Of course, no company will be able to respond 24/7 to their customers. Fortunately, there are conversational marketing tools you can rely on, particularly chatbots.
Chatbots are automated communication services that interact with customers and guide them through their purchasing journey. They ensure to promote a positive and relevant customer experience by answering all their questions and queries promptly.
Even if your customers know that they’re talking to a bot, they probably won’t mind it as long as they get what they want accordingly. To implement chatbots effectively, here are some tips you might want to consider:
- Approach Your Customers: Since chatbots can be confusing to a lot of people, it’d be best to include elements to ensure a smooth flow of conversation. Add a greeting to greet every customer that wants to interact. You may also add the ‘Get Started’ button to allow users to take control of starting the communication.
- Personalize Messages: Personalization is an effective way to dive deep into the hearts of your customers. With this, you make them feel special, and you’re focused on engaging with them. A good tactic for personalizing content is calling them by their first name.
- Be Natural: Using chatbots doesn’t mean you have to sound like one. It’s important to sound as natural as possible to promote great conversations and help your customers be more open and engaging.
- Check Your Competitors: When using chatbots, it’s important to stay updated on the activities of your competitors. Maybe they’re implementing new and effective chatbot strategies you don’t even know. You can also check if they’re making any mistakes you need to avoid and learn from them.
Integrate Video Marketing Into Your Strategy
Video is one of the best and most powerful strategies to provide an engaging environment for your customers. And it’s no secret that most people are attracted to what they watch and hear rather than what they see and read.
The trick to successful and engaging video marketing is great storytelling. Even though technology has completely transformed the marketing setup across the world, some things probably won’t change: the love for stories.
Aside from creating stories, it’s important to segment your audience to determine what kind of videos would be best for a specific group. By doing so, you’ll be able to grab their interest and attention effectively.
Here are some tips you might include in your video marketing strategy:
- Create Educational Videos: Tutorials and demos are among the most popular video content. These types of videos help people understand your brand even better. You may create videos about your products and discuss how your customers will be able to get the most out of them.
- Produce Behind-The-Scenes Videos: BTS video content allows people to know what’s going on inside your company. With this, people see the human side of your company, which enables them to engage with you effectively.
- Create Storytelling Videos: This is another effective technique to engage with your target customers. It can inspire and motivate, depending on your content. You can share the story of your loyal customers or how your company came to be who you are today.
- Optimize Video SEO: Yes, search engines like Google index video content. So, it’s important to consider the keywords you want to include in the description box. You can also add links and call-to-action to improve the SEO ranking of your videos.
Engaging with customers is the key to building strong relationships, improving customer retention, and promoting a successful business. That’s why it’s important to do this effectively and appropriately.
If you don’t know where to start, you may use this guide and follow the six techniques above. When doing so, make sure to use the following tips as well for a more powerful execution of the marketing strategy.
Furthermore, like every strategy out there, it’s important to analyze the results to determine which part of your campaign would need to be improved. In this way, you’ll be able to waste your time, effort, and money for nothing.