5 ways to get the abs you dream of
If slipping into a bikini fills you with dread, take a look at our top tips below and achieve the abs you’ve always dreamt of.
- Crunch it
While crunches alone won’t give you a six pack, they will certainly help. They can help strengthen your core too, so they’re really beneficial.
There’s many different types you can do, but we’re going to keep it simple with reps of basic crunches. To do them:
- Lie flat on your back with your legs bent
- With your arms across your chest, raise your shoulders off the ground
- The Jacknife
Similar to the crunch, the Jacknife is a great way to get a toned stomach. They’re really easy to do too:
- Lie on your back with your arms above your head
- Slowly raise your legs and arms, aiming to touch your knees.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat
You can find a video showing how to do this exercise here.
Planks can be tough but they help to strengthen your core, helping you develop insane stomach muscles. To do them:
- Assume a press-up position, with the toes of your shoes against the floor
- Hold this position for around one minute while keeping your core tense
- Relax and repeat
The best abs exercises in the world will do little to define your stomach if you don’t shed your current excess fat. That’s why you should incorporate intense cardio sessions around three times a week — any of the following will do:
- Step classes
Your quest for the perfect stomach will not be easy and you’ll have your fair share of muscle aches to deal with! To help your body repair, you should get plenty of rest. Schedule specific rest days and try to get a good amount of sleep.
Remember to eat right too. It can be tempting on your days off to hit the junk food but you’ll risk ruining your hard work. Try to eat a nutritious, balanced diet instead.
Image Credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunch_(exercise)