Productivity Tips to Help You Save Time (And Keep Your Sanity)
To close out my series on smartphone apps that save you time, I would like to leave you with some productivity tips. I have a day job AND a side hustle so I try to make sure I use my time wisely. These are my top 5 productivity tips for getting everything done (without always working overtime) and keeping your sanity:
- Use your waiting time. We are often standing in line, waiting for an appointment or commuting. You can use that time to knock something off your to-do list, read the latest novel, catch up on current events, and review social media postings.
- Use the 2-minute rule: If something can be done in 2 minutes or less, do it now instead of adding it to your To-Do List.
- Have only one to-do list. This is similar to having only one calendar so that you do not overbook yourself.
- Focus only on things that are in your control. Get a task as far as you can get it on your own and then delegate.
- For us perfectionists especially (and yes I am one), remember that everything does not have to be 100%. Sometimes good enough is all that you need.
What are some of your productivity tips and tricks?