30 Ways To Be Your Best Self
Sometimes I need to remind myself how to perpetuate positive momentum. Here are a few prompts I use that I am happy to share with you.
- Pretend the password to unlock your phone is to think of a few things/people for which you are grateful.
- Take 3 minutes to breathe deeply in and out. Watch the wind moving through the trees and the world going by.
- Offer a random act of kindness.
- View a mistake you made non-judgmentally. Identify what success would look like the next time and set your intention accordingly.
- Face confrontation. It is better to talk and find out than to keep it in and worry or fester. Communication is the key to healthy relationships.
- Be honest with yourself; do what you say you will do.
- Find your reason to smile.
- Count to three before responding to someone.
- Set a focus for this week. Write it down.
- Keep track of the good things that happened. Write them down.
- Make a personal to-do list and assign time frames for each item.
- Enter a distraction-free zone when knocking out your tasks.
- Journal or doodle.
- Challenge yourself to be 10 minutes early for an appointment.
- Call instead or email or text.
- Ask questions instead of making assumptions. Information is power.
- Dare yourself to put away your smartphone and immerse yourself with the company of those around you.
- Stop people pleasing. Say no. Review your projects for the week and eliminate any that are not impactful.
- Identify what you learned from an event this week. Tough situations call upon you to rise to the challenge and overcome the obstacle, making you stronger than before. Make note.
- Review your core values and identify situations where you demonstrated them in action.
- Get out of your comfort zone and go someplace you have never been before to try something new.
- You do not have any control of the events going on or the things people will say, but remember that you do have 100% control over yourself, your feelings, and actions.
- Uncertainty can feel scary. Consider that not knowing how it will turn out also means that the possibilities are endless.
- Send a hand-written note to a loved one.
- Identify your priorities for the following month. What are actions you can take towards accomplishing these?
- In the face of critics, say nothing, keep doing your best and everything will fall into place.
- Track your expenses. Spend your money on experiences, not things.
- Devote your time to utilizing your strengths.
- Let go of resentments. Forgiveness will leave you feeling lighter.
- Tell a loved one how they have positively impacted you and how thankful you are to have them in your life.