How to get Through the Afternoon Drag
You know that dreaded 2:30 feeling you get at work? The feeling you get after you eat lunch and all you want to do is curl in your bed and sleep? I work in a cubicle every day and you can bet that I feel it all too often.
How to get through the Afternoon Drag:
1. Where’s the fire?- Drink Emergen-C. Don’t get me wrong, I love to indulge in a wonderful cup of coffee. But we all know what comes after that caffeine high—the dreaded CRASH. An orange-y fizzy drink, Emergen-C has vitamins that naturally increase your energy in manageable amounts and won’t give you that crash feeling a few hours later. Plus, the extra vitamin C wouldn’t hurt either. You can purchase Emergen-C at any grocery store or pharmacy.
If you plan to take Emergen-C on a regular basis, you should look into purchasing it from an online pharmacy. This is because making your purchases online can save you money, since there are some great deals to be found. In addition, you can arrange to have shipments arrive at your house regularly, so that you are never left without the Emergen-C, or other supplements, that you need to keep your energy levels high throughout the day. In the end, the fewer trips you can take to the drug store, the better.
2. Shine bright like a diamond- Add more light. Whether it be going outside or turning on a lamp, can trick your mind into being more awake. More light can be seen as more cheerful and joyful.
3. Be a Social Butterfly. Being all by yourself and not interacting with others for a long period of time can be a total drag. Try walking around and saying hello to your other office mates. I’ve always noticed that after a nice conversation and a good laugh, it’s as if my batteries are fully recharged. Who knows, maybe you’ll find yourself a new BFF!
4. Have fun being a fashionista. I always come to work dressed as best as I can be. When I’m not, I notice that my overall productivity and mood is totally different. When you look and feel your best, you act like it too! So put away your boring office wear and spice things up with colorful accessories, patterned tights (check to make sure that they’re work appropriate), or maybe a chic new hair-do!
5. Try using body spray. Who says body spray is only for the body? I always carry a little fruity bottle of body spray with me so that when I’m running low on energy, I spritz a little bit in the air and indulge in the flavorful fragrance. I find it very refreshing!
What do you do to get through that 2:30 feeling?