How to Get Out of That Really Horrible Date
You’re on a date. It’s a blind date, it’s a random guy you met at a bar, it’s an online date- anyway- he is brand new.
You only have a small description of the whole person in your head. Outgoing, people person, great personality…
And then… You really meet him.
He has no career, he has a funny smell, he is misogynistic, he uses “your mom” jokes way too often (which mean ever). You must escape the date.
So how do you do it? What are the best ways to leave a date?
First, always have plans for later that evening. Never make the date open ended. That way, if it is bad you know when you can get out. If it is good, you don’t overstay and he will definitely be interested in seeing you again!
Really bad? Then here are some options:
- Your “out of town” friend has asked to meet earlier.
- You have to go back to the office. Work was insane. A project blew up in your face today and you have to go spend some more time on the project before the boss returns from vacation tomorrow.
- Your roommate just called and something broke. Your washer is leaking, your power just went off or your roommate is locked out.
- You’re sick. You got a flu shot that afternoon and it really isn’t making you feel well.
- You have to go save your friend from her terrible date that she must escape.
OR tell the truth. “You seem like a really great guy but its obvious to me that things aren’t meshing between us. Thanks for the coffee/drink/meal! It was a pleasure to meet you!”
And you are out.
Whatever the situation- just don’t waste your time. Sure there are some guys that take a little while to get to know, but if a guy gives sure signs of not-your-type right away, there is no need for round two- you’re better than that!
So what do you think? Do you have any good ways to get out of a terrible date?
Happy Thursday y’all!