Monthly Recap: March Recap, April Preview
Our columnist Kovie says it best: April is a fresh start month. We’ve survived first quarter, the snow is starting to melt (thank God!) and most peoples’ New Years Resolutions could use a bit of reviving.
I’ve been on a mission to bring lots of new features to Ms. Career Girl for the past few months. You got a sneak peak of some of our new features in March, including our Real Career Girls series featuring Danika Portz, March Book Club: Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office and our March Giveaway. We also added tons of new Pinterest boards. And in a few short weeks, our site will look completely different thanks to a much needed re-design!
On a personal note, as part of April’s “fresh start” theme, hubby and I have committed to not drinking for the entire month of April. We happen to love drinking, so this will be very interesting… I wonder what we’ll do on the weekends? I’ll let you know how it goes and about all the calories and money we save…
Speaking of saving money…
I am SUPER excited about the Money Makeover series our Money columnist Shannon is putting on! As of today (4/1) we are still accepting “applicants” for the money makeover. If you’re interested in being featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll receive a gift for participating and there is no pressure to reveal all of your numbers to the public. Shannon will be your coach and your story will help thousands of other girls who read the series and have the same money issues as you do.
In April’s “Issue” of Ms. Career Girl
- April Book Club pick: Who Says Its a Man’s World? by someone I really admire, Emily Bennington. Read along with us!
- Home: Katie debuts her “Pinteresting Finds” feature
- MCG Finds: Ashley shows us great spring style with her April Showers post
- Real Career Girls: Meet Celeb Stylist Kara Kauffman and Lindsey Avner, Founder of Bright Pink
- A Cubicle Makeover by Meghan
- April Pop of Color: Orange – this one’s for the shopaholics
- How to Make a Bloody Mary Bar – with pictures!
- Ask MCG: If you have any career or life questions you’d like one of us to answer, don’t hesitate to email them to email@example.com. We’ll keep it confidential and always ask your permission before posting about anything. No name required!
Now for the RECAP part of the post.. Here are my favorite posts from March 2013!
Favorite March Memory
Best in Work
Best in Home
Tip of the Month
Best in Self
My Journey to the Impossible – this was my favorite post of March! Our very own former beauty queen talks about how she went from out of shape to being a confident runner.
Best in +1