Thanks for Attending Ms. Career Girl Connect!
Thanks to everyone who came out to Ms. Career Girl Connect last night! It was a big success and a LOT of fun! I’ll post event pictures taken by our fabulous photographer, Joy Turner, very soon!
I had so much fun playing talk show host (despite the moody microphone), wearing my new leopard skirt and meeting new friends. I met some new girlfriends and bloggers from the July event and already got an email this morning from a group of attendees who want to do a girls night dinner! I love that the event has become more of a community than just a networking event.
A big thanks to our venue, Proof Chicago! You guys were more than accommodating with re-arranging furniture, donating free champagne (so amazing), setting up tables for the food and my Stella & Dot display, providing great music and friendly bar tenders and staff. The venue is gorgeous and we can’t wait to throw another event in your space!!
Stay tuned for a blog post summarizing the advice given in the panel discussion. I learned a lot and the panel discussion was a great reminder of how important managing and planning personal finances are to overall happiness and success.
Also, I decided to extend the special offers I gave to attendees to ALL readers:
- Code MCG100 will get you $100 off Ladies Launch Pad (offered in-person Chicago or on Skype!)
- MCG75 will get you $75 off Small Biz Tech Setup Camp
- I’m also running a Stella & Dot promotion for an ADDITIONAL $50 in free jewelry (most hostesses already get at least $250 in free jewels plus 4 half-priced items) if you host a virtual, office or home Trunk Show for me in October!
Kovie (our event coordinator) and I are meeting on Tuesday to plan the next event(s). We’re thinking a MCG Connect in November and maybe even a co-ed holiday party in December.
What would YOU like to see in the next event? Or, want Ms. Career Girl Connect to come to your city? Put your feedback in the comments section or email me at [email protected]! These events are 100% for you and created based on your feedback.
I also want to again thank…
Our panelists (WOW you ladies really impressed me!),
- SUSAN BROWN- Mortgage Banker at PHH Home Loans | [email protected]
- EILEEN ROMITO– Real Estate Agent, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage | [email protected]
- DAMI OLOTU- Financial Representative at Northwestern Mutual | [email protected]
- JENNIFER KIPER – Owner of Jennifer Kiper Farmer’s Insurance Agency | [email protected]
and our gift bag donors!
- Alpha Dog, the book
- Alice Dobrinksy of Arbonne
- City Swarm
- Created Pure
- Deborah Wess of ChiAuPairUsa.Org
- Excel Rain Man
- Jessica Entingh of Creative Memories
- May Vora Jewelry
- Merri Mysteries
- Michelle Dunn, author of “The Guide to Getting Paid“
- Moxie Magazine