Look Forward To Your Wedding Despite COVID-19
One day, this pandemic will blow over and your life will return to normal. We have to think and believe this, because it can be so depressing to consider how far we have fallen from normalcy these days. We must believe that, when the world is ready, we will be able to marry our lover and be with them for the rest of our lives. But, in the meantime, you may need a little extra motivation.
What kinds of things can you look forward to for your wedding? Well, so far, you’re just engaged, so you need to combine a few things like preparing to tell everyone or keep them informed of your progress as a couple. And you also need to let them know, what kinds of plans you’re thinking of making happen for the wedding day, and why?
Wedding ring designs
You may only want to keep your parents and very close friends informed about this one. Wedding ring designs are something you can choose online. It’s always good to see and hold the rings in person, but right now, we’re just going to focus on the designs and styles. Let’s take a look at some of your choices.
Perhaps the most famous of all British wedding rings. The band is gold and the design is of English red and white roses. The design will be 3D and will be at least 18 karat gold. The stone has to be a diamond and with a very British crown. The stone must be surrounded by studded stones and give the main gemstone a real perch to stand on. The gold crown perch will have at least 6 supports. This kind of ‘halo’ ring is perfect.
Of course, Arabian culture has an affinity for gemstones that are red. And the most famous is the ruby. This kind of stone is great for wedding rings because it stands out for what it is. Many people might expect a diamond wedding ring, but when you have a bright red, ruby as your gemstone, surrounded by a gold band, it will turn heads. Consider a thicker band that becomes slender along the palm-side of the finger. The band itself will have lateral sides, along with designs in the band itself.
The Italian rings are just like most other European rings, and unlike the British style, have a variation of gemstones. You can have a rose gold ring, with a sapphire gemstone. This is perfect for the delicacy and joy of the Meditteranean lifestyle. The rose gold should also be at least 10 karat gold, with a vines and oak leaves design. The oak leaves are famously representations of the Roman Empire and this symbol is important to the Italian culture.
Update the date
Now, how long has it been since you updated your guests? Chances are, your wedding is the last thing on their minds right now. But, you can gently remind them that they should save the date, with these custom save the date magnets by MagnetStreet. Have a photo of your choosing as the design and in the ‘save the date’ part of the magnet, put your new date. This will remind your guests to clear their calendars on that specific day. The Coronavirus pandemic has really shaken things up, so rather than leaving your guests in the dark and them not knowing when your new wedding date is, they can put this magnet on their fridge and remind themselves of the occasion.
Write handwritten notes to all your guests and remind them of your new wedding day. Make sure that it’s personal, written with your own hands and mention things that only your guests would know. Speak to them like a friend, don’t make this reminder a drag to read. Ask them how they are? How are they managing? How has the virus affected them? After you have updated them about your everyday life, then you should remind them of your wedding day, and graciously ask them to keep their calendar clear.
List your wishes together
Since you’re probably working from home a lot and spending more time together than you normally would have, you should use the time to list what your favorite things about getting married will be. You can make a list of 3 things each in the following categories.
- What do you love about the location you’re deciding on?
- Will it be a particular country? What about domestic locations? Will it be romantic, as in a church you grew up going to?
- What kind of weather do you think is best for your wedding day?
- Snowing? Will you prefer a white wedding? Will you prefer it to be in autumn and thus, a little windy and full of bright leaves? Would you prefer a sunny wedding?
- Who will be your top 3 guests, on your side of the family or friends?
- Your dad? Maybe he means so much to you for a particular reason. Your best friend? They have survived an illness or been by your side for a long time? Will it be your sister? Maybe she has supported your relationship from the beginning while others were hesitant.
- What can’t you wait to see on the day itself?
- You can’t wait to see the horse and carriage?
- You can’t wait to see her wedding dress for the first time!?
- You can’t wait to see the catering service and what they make for your guests?
- Maybe you can’t wait to see everyone and their eyes on you at the altar? (Finally!)
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/cDrQxiNrcU4″ frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
Your life after
What kinds of things are you most looking forward to about your life after your wedding? It’s a great topic to talk about, even though you may want some time to be alone and with your friends right now. Being together for too long, without a break is something you should remember isn’t normal. So don’t get cold feet about your life after the wedding.
Children: the big one! How many kids do you want to have and or when? Have you ever thought about that yet? Now is a good time as any to start talking about the kids in your future.
House: your family home! When will you look for a new home together? Will you first come back after the honeymoon and get situated in a city or town, before you make up your mind?
Finances: a very hot optic! After you have had your honeymoon, what kind of financial situation will you be confronted by? Will you need to save up before you can buy a house, a new car, or even have children? Set goals for the type of level of finance you want to have, and attach a timeframe to it.
Personal goals: make sure you don’t give up on making each other happy. Keep working out and remaining in good fitness. Keep chasing your professional goals, work hard and let each other know how much your job means to you.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/gGaSCovN-gI” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
The honeymoon of course!
Without exception, couples dream of their honeymoon even before the wedding has been completed. Before you have even put on your wedding dress, you’re dreaming about going to The Bahamas, or off to Paris for your sweet time away and enjoying 2 weeks or more, with your new spouse. If you haven’t decided or even if you have, go through the merits of each option. Go through it something like this.
- London: Springtime or summertime, London is an incredible place to visit. The iconic sites like Big Ben, Palace of Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, etc, are all things you need to see.
- Paris: Christmas time in Paris is a brilliant time to visit during your honeymoon. The amazing architecture is second to none and the Christmas lights all around the city are breathtaking.
- Rio: Brazil is tropical, loud, fun and full of energy. This is a place you’d go for sun, hot weather and the beaches of Rio. This is for couples who love Latin culture, tropical culture and lots of time to relax and sunbathe.
- New York: Winter in NYC is iconic, with the amazing shopping you can do, the amazing service from the hotels and the classic NYC streets is something to behold. Better yet, for your honeymoon to be exploring the city together and living in a concrete jungle that doesn’t sleep!
What other kind of things are looking forward to about your honeymoon?
The wedding day is going to be about you two and only you two. It means you will be the center of attention, taking vows, enjoying each other’s commitment and loyalty and being there for one another. It’s going to be a day that you will remember for the rest of your lives. Being together, in each other’s arms and knowing what a great life is ahead of you, will be unlike any feeling.
What kinds of things are you most looking forward to on your wedding day? It’s something you should discuss together while in lockdown and during the pandemic.